Friday, March 29, 2013

Good Friday - Christ's Sacrifice is Personal to Me

It means so much to me that Christ was willing to endure such shame, pain, and torture so that he might save ME. Yes, he died for the sins of the entire world, but this is personal. He died for my sins. Every stripe he took, the nails, the thorns, the mocking and beating and being spit upon. It was for me. How can I not love someone who would go through all of that in order to save me?

At one point in my life I can honestly say I was very angry at God. But, he met me at my lowest point and spoke to my heart. He told me to get his word and read, leave my guilt behind, just read. I took it as a challenge and found my sister's Bible and for several weeks it seemed I felt his gentle presence there beside me, on my arm, as I read..starting from the beginning.  As I did, he began unraveling the chains and ties that had me bound. I accepted him into my heart as Lord and Savior and my life has never been the same since!

I'd like to share two pictures, as well as a set I put together that is a visual of my personal testimony.








Christ dealt an eternal defeat to Satan when he allowed himself to be crucified. He has victory over Satan, sin, the grave and death. I can testify that there is no better love, than the love of God, expressed through Christ Jesus. Have a blessed Good Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to comment! All spam comments will be deleted.