Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Ralph Lauren Spring 2013 - Black, White, Red and Blue

I am particularly fond of Ralph Lauren as a designer. I feel that many of his clothes are investment pieces-wardrobe staples that can endure for years. That does not mean he doesn't do anything trendy. The riding-style pants he showed would certainly fit in that category.

Another thing I admire about Ralph Lauren is that he does not appear to treat his models in a demeaning fashion. I have seen some designers put their models in such ridiculous makeup, head gear, props and clothing, that I wondered why they did not go on strike! Ralph Lauren's models appear attractive, impeccably groomed, and not on the verge of death by starvation. I think you can tell a lot about a man by how he treats a woman. If a designer cannot respect the models, I just don't have much respect for his work.

In Ralph Lauren's Spring 2013 collection, black, white, red and blue all made very strong statements. Most of the models sported either a beret or a brimmed hat. The beret called to my mind a Parisian influence. There was also a Spanish influence, strongest in matador-inspired outfits. I also liked the bright touch of color at the neck in many outfits.

















An example of a trendy look. Also note the riding pants on the model in the background.











I hope you can see why I like Ralph Lauren's designs. From head to toe, the look is sharp! If you would like to view more of his collection, you can do so by clicking on the following link:  Ralph Lauren 2013 Spring Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to comment! All spam comments will be deleted.