Monday, April 29, 2013

What do Trees, Nails and Silver Dangle Earrings Have in Common? Purple!

I think I had purple on my mind yesterday. It started when I saw a picture of beautiful purple flowering trees lining a street. It was absolutely gorgeous and required that I do a little investigating.  I felt they certainly rivaled the pink blossoms of trees that line many streets in the United States, heralding the arrival of spring. 

http://pinterest.com/pin/569986896559279070/ via @pinterest

I found Jacaranda City is the informal name for Pretoria, South Africa, where thousands of these amazing trees were planted. A native of tropical and subtropical areas, such as South America and the Bahamas, and has been introduced to many other countries, including Africa. I'm sure the story behind so many of these trees being planted in Pretoria is an interesting one. In any event, it must be something to see in person!

Next, a manicure captured my attention, I believe because of looking at the purple flowering trees. I really I like both the pattern, which isn't too intricate, with elegant gold separating the lilac and purple nail polish.


Picture source: https://www.facebook.com/StylisheveLovers?hc_location=stream


It was getting a little late for a Sunday night, but I could not resist putting together another set, featuring purple, and featuring my silver dangle earrings with amethyst. 

Amethyst Hearts and Chips Wide Black Pants Set


  
The earrings use Russian Amethyst heart-shaped gemstone beads and gemstone chips on sterling silver plate (ear wires silver plated copper).  I liked the look of these wide-leg pants, very flowing, and will look superb with heels (purple of course), and I like the bright colors and pattern of the top.  I picked a black choker for the neck and black and silver bangles for the wrists. You can price all of these items by clicking on the link beneath the picture or on the 6 items I've pulled out of the set.  The earrings are $8.99 auction, or $9.99 Buy-it-Now, including shipping and gift bag. 

With that, I turned it in. I can't say I had dreams of walking through purple fields :-)
 

2 comments:

  1. I like the nail art too! i like the wavy lines and the color combo! thanks aurorawishcat at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for entering AuroraCat. The winner has been emailed. I'll be doing more of these in the future, so keep an eye out :-)

      Delete

I appreciate you taking the time to comment! All spam comments will be deleted.