Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Five Ways to Wear White Jeans This Fall

Did you fall in love with your skinny white jeans this summer? Well, fashion rules are a bit more flexible these days, so don't be in such a hurry to pack them up or place them to the very rear of your closet!  Most of us know the "rule" about wearing white shoes after labor day. I think more people are inclined to follow that one (at least for summer shoes-white boots are fine).  Let's take a look at how fashionably appropriate white jeans can be for the fall.

Please note that clicking on each picture below will take you to Pinterest, and from there you can visit the web site to price/shop the items.


1.  Pair White Jeans with Black for a Winning Combination.

"White Jeans For Fall" by eskoien on Polyvore

Black and white is such a classic, timeless combination.  I particularly love the comfortable low-heeled black boots and blazer in this set.  The polka dot blouse picks up just a little of the white, but keeps the look dark (other than the pants).  The black neck scarf and handbag complete the look. Scarves are one way to add warmth and style and instantly update your look. Click HERE for scarves under $6 in a wide variety of colors.


2. Pair White Jeans with a Sweater, Red and Browns for a Warm, Cozy Look.

"Fall..love these boots!" by tigerwoman37086 on Polyvore

Here again are riding boots in brown and the bag is a perfect match. The gray sweater picks up the cool tone of the white, and the scarf accents the main colors, while adding red tones. The glow of gold bangles adds warmth and the dangle earrings mirror the red tones in the scarf. The finished look is one that is comfortable and warm. Click HERE to see riding boots in 3 colors, priced under $70.


3.  Pair White Jeans With a Flannel Shirt and Add Layers.

Layers and Layers by archimedes16 on Polyvore

A flannel or other checkered-printed shirt that incorporates white is ideal, and then layer on a cardigan that picks up one of the colors in the shirt. A jean jacket is a must have for fall and adds both warmth and casual style.  Need one? Click HERE. While this set designer has selected brown flats and a white bag with handles that match the flats, you might go with gray ankle boots and a matching hobo bag. Or, you might pick up the lilac or even the navy blue if you want to go for a darker look in the shoes and bag.


4.  Pair White Jeans with Emerald Green, Pantone's Color of the Year for 2013
 
Fall 2012 White Jeans" by michelleleighla on Polyvore


White and green look beautiful together. Here, the green is a flowing shirt. The brown boots and gold tone necklace pick up the warm tones of the shirt. You can also opt for a long, loose fitting sweater in emerald green and green pumps or flats. You can find a chunky, gold tone celebrity style necklace HERE.


5.  Pair White Jeans with Warm Neutrals, Light Brown and Beige.

Playing up neutrals (oatmeal, white, brown, leopard).

Have I saved the best for last? I personally like every look, but this is my favorite. I love the warm browns in various shades and the draped sweater is lovely. The set designer pulled in leopard flats, another fall trend for 2013 and that adds a really cute touch to the entire ensemble. Another option would be a leopard print clutch, such as you'll see HERE.


Well, I hope that these 5 fashion sets have convinced you that wearing white jeans into the fall is not a fashion no-no! If you somehow missed out on white jeans this summer, you can save BIG right now, wear them for the fall and enjoy them this coming summer. Just click on the below banner to get a pair of stylish, high quality white jeans today at an unbeatable price!




Subscribe to the blog so you don't miss important updates regarding giveaways, sales and other posts. Enter your email in the space provided at the top of the blog, in the right side bar.

14 comments:

  1. Good suggestions :) I can't wear white jeans because of my body shape. I'm having trouble enough finding a regular pair that fit

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been a fan of white as I'm a pretty clumsy, messy person. ;) I do love the color combinations that you've put together. My favorite color is green, so of course I love the green/gold/white combo. I need to move to colder weather so I have a reason to wear scarves. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you about the green, it comes in so many beautiful shades. Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete
  3. I never really put much thought into all of the available options for wearing white jeans. I must say that I might just go out and purchase a pair! I love all of the outfits you put together Jacqueline!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I've got you thinking :-) Thanks so much for commenting.

      Delete
  4. Oh these are fabulous ideas! But I'm sure my southern mama would have my hide if I wore white pants after Labor Day :) But I'll keep your post for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm from the South, so I know what you mean lol. It's ok if you tuck it away, just replace boots with sandals :-)

      Delete
  5. love your sense of fashion!I could pretty much do all five sets!Though green is not my fav, I could work with it, Visiting from Blog Formatting. Joining on your social media sites. Fitandbeyond40.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting. It sounds like you are very flexible, which means you have a lot to work with fashion-wise!

      Delete
  6. Great post! I have white pants that I just rotated to the back of the closet - thinking "no white until Spring" . . . but now I'm rethinking! The pants are too lightweight, but a pair of white jeans would be perfect! Thanks for pulling together some great color combinations and resources. I feel some online shopping coming on!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you are rethinking! You are right, summer weight just won't work, but regular will. Thanks so much for commenting!

      Delete
  7. Awesome ideas, Jackie! I like the one with the purples, in fact I have a similar shirt that I could wear ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Delia. You are the first to mention the purple (my favorite color). We can save money by working with what we already have :-)

      Delete

I appreciate you taking the time to comment! All spam comments will be deleted.